When I rewrote the plot I changed the sleeping curse that it would still age you even though you're sleeping. 100 years of sleep would make you dead or a corpse when you woke up because time didn't stop. The prince that was suppose to come save you with true loves kiss, freaks out and leaves you. Then when he gets back to his kingdom the sleeping curse doubles as karma and once he hits the kingdom border he immediately ages 100 years and drops dead - Karma's a bitch don't you know?
The kind of things I've been exploring have been looking at, are artist that have stopped a moment a time one of the epic moments in a battle or just time. A good idea of something like this can be seen in Pablo Picasso's Guernica Painting which shows Nazi's bombing Guernica durning the Spanish civil war. http://www.pablopicasso.org/guernica.jsp
I really like this way of taking a story/event that happened in time and stopping it and making it beautiful visually, you see tragedy but at first glance you're not sure what's going on - you just keep asking why. I think I want to take these fairy tales and do something similar and put my own twist on them.
How to make my vision designerly - I've been looking at David Carson's work a lot lately and I really like the raw and dirty feel his work takes on. The more I look at it the more I want my work to take a step back because that's how I use to be - free and not so in the box and corporate.
Grunge Typography- is the way I want to start designing these moments in time. it has the rockstar- bold and crazy work that I think can break me out of the corporate design that I've been stuck in.
Lastly,
I started thinking about this when I was drawing my story boards - There is probably typos in these but they are my notes on my twist of the story just to guide me-



ReplyDeleteplease bring in examples of work you've done, in which you've worked in the style you have in mind.
it's hard to grasp this from the storyboards.
like the idea of the frozen moment, by the way.