Sara Hendren
explores a lot of ideas about design, and the one that interested me was her
sixth idea “Let the tools you make ask questions, not just solve problems.” I
felt really connected as an artist, because my art usually makes people ask me
“why.” I got that mostly for my poem book in GD2 but also some of my work in
using images.
Sara Hendren
points out the Gesture jewelry that was made by Jennifer Crupi. This drew me in
because it gave a tactile form to a pose. It shows almost a futuristic way that
humans will end up being when technology takes over the world. I like the fact
that it get’s you to question why would anyone wear this – it’s abnormal to
have forms doing the poses for you- but it draws back into the fact that we use
technology for everything and pretty soon we all will end up being half human
half computer until one day the human race will no long exist and computers
will rule.
As I’m doing my
senior work I keep wanting to push the “why is this happening” theme in my
stories. Currently I retold sleeping beauty which unfortunately ended up being
a happily ever after and sort of Disney like. My question for this story was
why didn’t anyone age in 100 year and why is that young boy making out with someone
who could be their great grandmother. So I flipped the story, everyone aged
while they were sleeping and the prince got so freaked out that he left the
kingdom where he was suppose to save the princess. For walking out on her the
curse made it so he (the prince) aged 100 years when he got to his castle and
died. Reading this article has given me some ideas on how to go on with my
work.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.