I had decided that ivory paper would look better than white with the cover I chose to use, but since I printed it at Staples (to save money since I work there) my paper choice was limited. The only ivory options were 67lb and 110lb card-stock and I wanted a thinner paper. So, I was inspired by Whitney and tried to dye my own paper with coffee. I tried a linen/resume stock but it took off the ink and left black splotches everywhere, i also tried a 67 lb card-stock but it was just way too thick, so I settled on standard 24 lb.
Also, this was my first time ever binding a book like this so it was a trial and error thing and I discovered a list of things I want to do over:
- the inside of the cover died really horribly so I want to fix it
- I want to add more of a spine
- I need to set up the document so that I can have two or more signatures
- Right now the last page ends mid sentence, I think I want to rearrange the pages again so that it appears to look like it ends correctly and that there isn't a page missing. But, on the other hand, I also kind of like that when you look at the last page you flip around and get confused trying to find the rest of it so I'm still deciding on that. Ideas?






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.