Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sorry ma'am you are under arrest for contributing to this roadside memorial

As I was surfing on wikipedia about shrines I came across something that said roadside memorials are illegal in Massachusetts. I thought this was rude and untrue because I've seen them around my whole life. Also, imagine getting a ticket or whatever for setting up a memorial? I wouldn't pay it.

So this brought me to googling the laws for roadside memorials and I came across this PDF listing the different states regulations. It is from 2007 but what could possibly change since then? I don't know.. maybe it has changed but heres what I found:







"Massachusetts is not to promote or discourage Roadside Memorials in any way."











I was also thinking it would be cool to start a website of all the roadside memorials that are around and the directions to them for people that love drama and want to cry on the side of the street for someone they've never met. Then I found this website here that is almost what I wanted. It has all sorts of information about roadside memorials and photographs. I figured if I were to start my own website I would have to travel a lot and search obituaries/newspapers for deaths and I do neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.