This is my first attempt to taking a story and telling it in my own way. This first story came from the new york times Magazine, entitled "How to see a tree". The basic story was about a guy that woke up early in the morning with an assistant and took photos of the old tree's in NY City. My version is a little different. It's about this guy that is trying to find the biggest tree in America and he travels from the sea cost to dessert like conditions to grass lands then finally to NY where he finds this huge tree and is disappointed that he found it in NY, because a city is the last place people would think to find a huge tree.

This is the final collage that I chose for this story.

This was my first attempt on making a more collagey- collage. Looks more cave painting to me and not what I had in mind.

This was suppose to be a "cover" page to my collage but I didn't see where it would fit. However I did make it a tree and people could interpret how they visualize this tree college and try to see something in it that might not be there. Example I see a winged creator.
ReplyDeleteone might be more interested in "finding" a story — out of disparate sources — than telling one.
surrender some control, let the material guide you.
however, work with tight structure (i.e., grid) so that you can be focusing on content/meaning rather than arrangement without rules.
expect to see another attempt on Monday (the 22nd).