
Here is a mock-up of a possible way to document my color experiments and derived plant info. It's a work in progress. I also played around with a new title. I thought East Coast Color was interesting because it emphasizes the environment i'm working from. It also reads as "eco color" which is an equally important point to my thesis. Thoughts? First impressions? If anything the mock up is a starting point for any questions/concerns/crit.



East Coast, or Northeast, or Cape Ann?
ReplyDeleteor, EcoColor could be brand, with different collections e.g., Cape Ann.
I'm wondering about the white space, why so much.
what other ways to present same number of samples, on pages spreads of this (what?) dimension?
maybe photographs of the site from which materials were sourced?
I like this. How might the dyes be grouped? sumacs, berries, lichens? etc?
do the sumacs yield a pigment and dye that behaves differently than other materials?