rum·mage
1. search unsystematically and untidily through a mass or receptacle.
Unsystematic is how I'm feeling about this weekend's work. I'm exhausted and nauseated from the smell of boiled down plant matter (really need to get on the out door fire pit) but I'm excited about the dye achievements which i'll bring in for show and tell tomorrow.
John and I transferred briefly about the poetry of the crocheted brick and the possibility of incorporating more unusual found objects rather than practical products... so I went on the hunt. Down at Pavilion beach beside the decaying fish factory is where most of these photos were taken, and i found a few great objects... although i must say i'm a little bit lost on why these things are inspiring to me or how they relate to naturally dyed material but i thought i would explore regardless. Another fun adventure was pruning some Golden Rod from the field behind my house (in the pouring rain), it was hard to find any without a cluster of bees but all in all... it was a success... and the bees were unharmed.
ReplyDeletelook forward to seeing the macrame/crochet covers (dyed, eventually) on more rounded brick, and other waterfront detritus.
it could be that non-functional or post-functioning objects are a better means to show your dyes and designs, precisely because they're not practical (anymore, at least). result is that these objects can then lend some poetry/feeling to the dyed fabric/cord.