Monday, November 18, 2013

Untitled










I started to take notes for these stories to make sure I could keep them straight. A lot of these stories can easily be confusing because they reuse characters/ same themed animals.





I'm trying to have these book covers have a little more structure with title placement and messing around with the bars. I've set these 5 up like this, but I think every 5 or so I'll change it slightly to have mini series. The Child of Saint Mary is probably my favorite out of these. Also I believe my next 5 or so are going to be hand collaged and not straight detail. I think I can get a better idea of what I need for these covers when I do notes with them. I also want to start playing with textures.


1 comment:

  1. taking notes on the different stories, to keep track of them: good idea.
    this may give you some typographic material to work with, too.
    notes might be written in (or later edited for) a consistent style?

    the slash motif for the Wolf and Seven Kids, and The Clever People — there could be the five "slash" covers, consistent with your mini series idea.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.